City of Canada Bay is one of eight Sydney Councils which worked together with the Southern Sydney Regional Organisation of Councils to develop Our Energy Future: The Renewable Energy Master Plan.
The ultimate goal of this plan is to significantly increase the proportion of energy consumed in the area that is derived from renewable sources.
Our Energy Future is a free, energy advice service, which independently recommends quality products and companies to help you save energy, money and the planet.
If you live in an apartment and are looking for advice on how to reduce your energy bills and cut your carbon emissions, Council recommends that you contact the Our Energy Future hotline on 1300 23 68 55 or head to the Australian Energy Foundation website for more information.
By being more informed, it will enable owners to make informed decisions about ways to reduce their energy and water usage and in turn reduce utility bills, for example:
- Changing common area lighting to LED
- Adjusting or replacing energy-consuming equipment
- Installing solar to address common area usage
- Installing timers to watering systems
- Measure overnight base flow to assess water leaks.
For more information on the Our Energy Future program, visit The Australian Energy Foundation websiteRead more
WHAT IS STRATA
LIVING IN STRATA
REPAIRS & MAINTENANCE
- Waverley Council – Building Futures
- Ku-ring-gai Council – Smart Units Rebates
- City of Sydney – Smart Green Apartments
- City of Sydney – Food Scraps Recycling Trial
- Lane Cove Council – Greener Apartments Program
- Canada Bay Council – Our Energy Future
- Randwick City Council – Community Sustainable
- North Sydney Council – Futureproofing Apartments
- City of Ryde – Home Waste and Sustainability Advisory Service