Supporting Sustainability in Randwick
Community Sustainable is a stream of the Community Investment Program which supports houses, units1 and businesses2 in Randwick to implement energy and water-saving initiatives.
As part of Community Sustainable, properties in Randwick can receive up to $2,000 in ‘sustainability rebates’ for purchasing rooftop solar, rainwater tanks, pool pumps, insulation, or one or more of the other ‘sustainable products’ listed below.
Who can apply?
Houses, units, and businesses located within the Randwick Local Government Area are eligible to apply for sustainability rebates.
To be eligible to receive a sustainability rebate, your sustainable product must be installed after 11 November 2020.
Which sustainability rebates are available?
The following sustainability rebates are available. Click the ‘fact sheet’ links to find the eligibility criteria and rebate amounts of each sustainable product.
Rebate Fact Sheets
- Energy Assessment: $150
- Hot Water System: $500
- Insulation: $500
- Lighting: up to $500
- Pool Pump: $250
- Rainwater Tank: up to $2,000
- Rooftop Solar: up to $2,000
- Solar Battery: up to $500
- Solar Health Check: $100
- WaterFix®: $100 (see Sydney Water WaterFix® for free taps and showerhead replacements)
How it works
- Review the fact sheets above to find the criteria and rebate amount for each sustainable product. To be eligible to receive a sustainability rebate, your sustainable product must be installed after 11 November 2020.
- Purchase your sustainable product from your chosen provider or installer. Ensure that your purchase meets the eligibility criteria in the fact sheet above.
- Submit an Application Form and attach a recent electricity bill, a photo of your sustainable product (if applicable) and a copy of the invoice from your sustainable product provider.
- If your form is approved by Council, you will receive your sustainability rebate via electronic bank transfer. Be sure to check your junk mailbox for your rebate approval email.
For more information, visit Randwick City Council’s websiteRead more
WHAT IS STRATA
LIVING IN STRATA
REPAIRS & MAINTENANCE
- Waverley Council – Building Futures
- Ku-ring-gai Council – Smart Units Rebates
- City of Sydney – Smart Green Apartments
- City of Sydney – Food Scraps Recycling Trial
- Lane Cove Council – Greener Apartments Program
- Canada Bay Council – Our Energy Future
- Randwick City Council – Community Sustainable
- North Sydney Council – Futureproofing Apartments
- City of Ryde – Home Waste and Sustainability Advisory Service