Environmental Retrofitting Support for Strata Apartment Buildings
The Smart Green Apartments program identifies opportunities for environmental savings in high-rise apartment buildings and provides retrofitting implementation support.
The program provides financial assistance so owners corporations can adopt technology that reduces carbon emissions and water use.
About the program
Each participating strata plan receives:
- energy and waste assessments and action plans (including NABERS rating)
- costed upgrade recommendations
- online data portal
- training and networking opportunities
- WaterFix program by Sydney Water
- implementation support.
How to take part
Buildings will be chosen based on:
- evaluation of their energy and water consumption
- size and complexity
- capacity of owners corporations to implement upgrades.
Applications will likely open in early 2021. If your owners corporation is interested in participating, please email City of Sydney to enquiry about their 2021 intake.Read more
WHAT IS STRATA
LIVING IN STRATA
REPAIRS & MAINTENANCE
- Waverley Council – Building Futures
- Ku-ring-gai Council – Smart Units Rebates
- City of Sydney – Smart Green Apartments
- City of Sydney – Food Scraps Recycling Trial
- Lane Cove Council – Greener Apartments Program
- Canada Bay Council – Our Energy Future
- Randwick City Council – Community Sustainable
- North Sydney Council – Futureproofing Apartments
- City of Ryde – Home Waste and Sustainability Advisory Service