Improving energy efficiency in the City of Ryde
The City of Ryde’s Home Waste and Sustainability Advisory Service offers free advice to Ryde residents that will help you understand how you can reduce your home’s running costs – and at the same time improve its comfort and environmental performance.
How does it work?
During the assessment, a Council advisor will review your energy and water bills and walk through your home with you, pointing out the most energy and water consuming behaviours and appliances before delivering you with a personalised Action Plan. The Plan recommends actions your household can take to improve its efficiency and comfort and outlines how to better manage your waste.
What happens during the Home Sustainability Assessment?
- A pre-assessment self-survey will be sent to you as a link by email. Please complete the survey to the best of your ability at least 1 day prior to the assessment.
- Inspection of energy/water bills – you are asked to please provide a copy of recent energy and water bills. This is to compare data and assists in assessing usage within the home thereby allowing development of a tailored report. These can be sent by text or email.
- A Council Sustainability Assessor will call you at your designated booking time.
- Before commencing the assessment Council staff will explain how the assessment will be conducted.
- The Audit – The Council officer will talk with you about your home and point out the most energy and water consuming behaviours/appliances.
- You will receive a personalised Sustainability Plan that outlines the areas you can save $ on electricity and water, and how you can improve your waste management practices.
- Council program follow up – Council will contact you in 3-12 months’ time to review savings and changes from participating in the project.
This program is open to all City of Ryde owners and tenants of a house or an apartment.
How to make a booking?
Ryde residents can book a free home assessment from a Council advisor between 8 am and 3 pm on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays.
If you are interested in a Home Assessment, please visit the City of Ryde website
WHAT IS STRATA
LIVING IN STRATA
REPAIRS & MAINTENANCE
- Waverley Council – Building Futures
- Ku-ring-gai Council – Smart Units Rebates
- City of Sydney – Smart Green Apartments
- City of Sydney – Food Scraps Recycling Trial
- Lane Cove Council – Greener Apartments Program
- Canada Bay Council – Our Energy Future
- Randwick City Council – Community Sustainable
- North Sydney Council – Futureproofing Apartments
- City of Ryde – Home Waste and Sustainability Advisory Service