Promoting greener apartments in Lane Cove
The Greener Apartments Program is a FREE Council initiative to assist apartment buildings and strata schemes reduce their energy, water and waste resulting in potentially thousands of dollars of savings per year. By joining the program you receive free, independent expert advice and support to help lower running costs and live in a more sustainable building that is operating more efficiently.
This is a pilot project with the goal of creating case studies to demonstrate to other apartment buildings and strata schemes the benefits of conducting energy efficiency, water and waste assessments and upgrades.
Council will work with a select number of buildings to identify opportunities to reduce:
- Operating costs
- Common area energy use
- Gas use
- Water use
- Greenhouse gas emissions
Buildings selected to participate will receive free:
- Energy, water and waste efficiency assessments performed by industry specialists
- Detailed reports clearly illustrating the financial case for upgrades
- Implementation support
Who should apply?
The Council is looking for all apartment buildings committed to reducing their energy, water and waste and saving on operating costs. We encourage applications from all style of buildings, from small blocks through to large blocks with high energy bills and large communal facilities such as pools, gyms and underground car parks.
The Council invites interested owners corporations to submit an expression of interest. Successful applications will be those whose applications demonstrate a high likelihood of implementing the suggested measures, opportunities for energy, waste and water reductions and the prospect of providing case studies for buildings with similar facilities.
How to applyRead more
WHAT IS STRATA
LIVING IN STRATA
REPAIRS & MAINTENANCE
- Waverley Council – Building Futures
- Ku-ring-gai Council – Smart Units Rebates
- City of Sydney – Smart Green Apartments
- City of Sydney – Food Scraps Recycling Trial
- Lane Cove Council – Greener Apartments Program
- Canada Bay Council – Our Energy Future
- Randwick City Council – Community Sustainable
- North Sydney Council – Futureproofing Apartments
- City of Ryde – Home Waste and Sustainability Advisory Service